Glide above the treetops of the world's oldest tropical rainforest and immerse yourself in its natural landscapes on a scenic railway on this trip to the Kuranda Skyrail and Train from Cairns.
Kuranda Skyrail & Train
After picking you up from your hotel at around 7:30 am, we'll set off on the short bus journey to the scenic railway station from Cairns.
We'll then board the panoramic train to Kuranda at 8:50 am for an hour and a half journey through Queensland's rainforest - the oldest tropical rainforest in the world! From the carriage, we'll admire the intense green of the jungle around us as we pass through spectacular scenery like Barron Gorge.
Once we've arrived in Kuranda, you'll have three hours of free time to explore the rural town at your leisure. You'll find any number of markets selling typical products and several restaurants where you can enjoy lunch.
Meeting back up again, we'll head for the Skyrail: a famous scenic cableway that runs above the Barron Gorge National Park. Fly over the treetops of the lush rainforest and take in the breathtaking views - an unforgettable experience!
With our feet firmly back on land, we'll make the journey back to Cairns by bus, where you'll be dropped off at your hotel at 4 pm.
If you'd prefer, you can alternatively book the Kuranda Skyrail & Train with departure from Port Douglas.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 14 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 14 years oldUS$ 62.40
Children under 4 years oldFree
7 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking driver.
Information booklet in English or other languages.
Transport by bus.
Ticket for Kuranda scenic train.
One way ticket for Kuranda Skyrail.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).