Delve into Carthago Nova's Roman past by reserving this ticket to the Roman Theatre Museum, with which you'll discover the history of this important monument.
Cartagena Roman Theatre Museum Ticket
With this ticket, you'll be immersed in Carthago Nova's Roman past while you observe the archaeological pieces found in and around the Roman Theatre of Cartagena.
The museum is composed of different ancient buildings incorporated into the structure, such as the Riquelme Palace or the church of Santa Maria, from the medieval period. The visit starts in the old Pascual Riquelme Palace, where you'll learn about the history of the discovery and excavation of the theater through an underground corridor. From here, you can access a room that displays the most emblematic objects found during the excavations, such as jewellery, statues or vessels and pieces of great artistic value like the three aras dedicated to the Capitoline Triad.
Then you'll arrive at the tunnel that passes under the medieval church and you'll find the perfect end to your visit: the Roman Theatre of Cartagena, one of the biggest in Spain. You'll be able to see the remains of its stage front, the orchestra, reserved for patricians and rulers, and the cavea, where the citizens of Cathago Nova sat, arranged according to social class.
This theatre had a capacity for 7000 people and was used by the citizens of Carthago Nova until the 2nd century. Thanks to the archaeological excavations carried out in the 90's and the design of the architect Rafael Moneo, today it is possible to enjoy this tour of Cartagena's glorious era.
The Roman Theatre Museum opens at the following times:
- From May 1 to September 30 and Easter: Tuesday to Saturday from 10 am to 8 pm. Sundays, from 10 am to 2 pm.
- From October 1 to April 30: Tuesday to Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm. Sundays, from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Please note that on the days 24th and 31st December and 5th January, it's only open from 10 am to 2 pm.
The last access is an hour before closing time.
Please keep in mind that these hours are subject to change and may vary slightly.
Students under 25 years of age, young people with a youth card, unemployed people, retired people, those with disabilities, and large families can book the discounted ticket provided they present the corresponding accreditation.
Entry to the Cartagena Roman Theatre Museum
Audioguide (depending on option selected)
When to book?
You can book up until 6 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Wheelchair accessible. Free wheelchair loan service available. This must be indicated in the reservation.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- No printing of documentation required.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can you bring pets into the Roman Theatre Museum?
A - No, only guide dogs are allowed in the museum.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions
Palacio Pascual del Riquelme.