Embark on a full-day trip to Rome from the Port of Civitavecchia and take in the splendor of the Eternal City accompanied by an English-speaking guide at a much lower price than the tours offered by the cruise lines.
Day Trip to Rome from the Civitavecchia Port
Meet your guide at Largo della Pace (Civitavecchia cruise ship reception center) and hop on a spacious air-conditioned coach to Rome. Enjoy the scenic landscape of the province of Rome for a little over an hour until you get to the city center.
Upon arrival, your first stop will be near St. Peter’s Square (Piazza San Pietro) in the Vatican City. You’ll have an hour to explore the large plaza and visit the spectacular St. Peter’s Basilica, Italy’s largest temple. The church houses masterpieces like the Pietà, a beautiful marble statue chiselled by Michelangelo and St. Peter’s Baldachin by Bernini.
The tour then continues with a sightseeing bus tour, taking in Tiber Island, the Baths of Caracalla, the imposing Colosseum, Palatine Hill, Circus Maximus, and the unusual Bocca della Verità (Mouth of Truth). And all the while your guide will explain to you stories and secrets about the most famous corners of the Italian capital.
Out second stop is a walking tour of the Forum Boarium, where you'll learn all about the long history of places such as the Marcello Theatre. Then we'll visit the Capitoline Hill, one of Rome's seven hills, seeing the Piazza Venecia, the monument to Vittorio Emanuele II, the Trajan Forum, and Trajan's Column.
Leave the historic center behind and head to the famous Fontana di Trevi. Enjoy a break of an hour and a half where you can discover numerous landmarks at your own leisure, such as the Pantheon (the inside of the building is also worth visiting), Piazza Navona (our favorite) and the elegant Piazza di Spagna, home to the Spanish Steps.
In the afternoon, you’ll head back to the Port of Civitavecchia with plenty of time before your cruise ship sets sail.
This tour is exclusively organized for customers travelling on cruise ships. For this reason, the departure and return time varies depending on the schedule of the cruise ships. The usual departure time is 9:30 am, but if you are travelling on a Sovereign, Costa Favolosa and MSC Magnifica cruise, departure time will be at 9:45 am.
Passengers who arrive on Sunday on the MSC Divina will return to the port at 4:00 pm.
- St Peter’s Basilica has a very strict dress code: men and women must cover both knees and shoulders. Please note that the Basilica is sometimes closed for special celebrations.
- The tour always includes a tour leader who will reveal interesting information on the bus journey. Depending on the day you book the tour, you might also be accompanied by an official tour guide who will accompany you during the whole tour.
- On Wednesdays the tour will visit the monuments in a different order, as entry to the Vatican will be at 2:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children 3-12 years old||Children under 3|
Children 3-12 years oldUS$ 36.20
Children under 3Free
6 hours 30 minutes - 8 hours.
The activity takes place with an escort that speaks in english and other languages.
Pick up and drop off at the Port of Civitavecchia.
Return transportation by airconditioned coach.
English speaking tour leader.
Entrance tickets to the various monuments.
Official tourist guide and headphones (€8).
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, some of the areas are accessible.
Frequently asked questions
Q - If we want to end the excursion in Rome, can we bring our luggage?
A - Yes, it's possible.
Q - Can we leave a pushchair/stroller in the bus during the trip?
A - Yes.
Q - Does the bus have child seats?
A - No, the bus does not permit the use of child seats - children should travel on their parents' laps or in a seat.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 10 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
The tour departs from Largo della Pace.