Don't miss our fantastic guided tour of the ancient capital of the Inca Empire, Cusco. You will discover the beautiful Plaza de Armas square, the San Blas neighbourhood, and so much more. Best of all, it's free!
Cusco Free City Tour
The tour meets at 9 am next to the fountain in Plaza Regocijo, by Plaza de Armas, the most important in Cusco. From here we begin our free tour, heading back to the origins of the city, when it was founded by the indigenous Inca civilization.
First thing we'll make our way to the Plaza de San Francisco, where we'll see the garden filled with plants native to the Andes region. And then it's on to the Santa Clara Arch, representative of the city's colonial style.
The next stop is the San Pedro Market, the perfect place for an initiation into local cuisine! Then the free tour contnues around one of the most important squares in the city: Plaza de Armas. It's here that you can find the Compañía de Jesús Cathedral - built on the site of ancient Inca ruins.
Another of the important spots is the San Blas neighbourhood, a colonial Inca neighbourhood which today is home to Cusco's artistic community, who give the city its bohemian flavour. And we'll make our way to one of Cusco's best viewpoints, offering you an unforgettable panorama of the city.
And of course, we'll try one of the many restaurants in San Blas, to try the famous Peruvian cocktail - the pisco sour! And finally the tour will visit the famous 12 angled stone, before putting an end to the free tour of Cusco at 12:30 pm.
- You can reserve our free tour for a maximum of 6 people.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
3 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
English speaking guide specialized in the history of Cusco
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.