Enjoy a fun-filled morning surfing over sand dunes: join us for this unique sandboarding experience in the Dubai desert. Let the adventure begin!
Sandboarding in the Dubai Desert
On the morning of your tour, you'll be picked up from your hotel in Dubai, leaving the hustle and bustle of the city behind and heading into the stunning landscapes of the surrounding desert. Your 4x4 all-terrain vehicle will bounce easily over the sand dunes, taking you to the best possible sandboarding spots.
Not really sure what sandboarding is? This little-known sport is a bit like snowboarding, but in the desert! You'll glide on a board down the dunes and across the sand as if you were surfing down a snowy mountain. And the best bit? As well as having lots of fun, you won't get cold!
Surf over the desert dunes for an hour, getting more and more confident on your sandboard with each move. You'll be taken to sand dunes of different heights so you can practice the sport at harder levels and make the most of this adrenaline-inducing activity. You'll never want to leave!
At the end of your sandboarding experience, you'll climb back into the 4x4 for the return journey to your hotel in Dubai.
Hotel pick up
This tour includes pick up at the Port Rashid cruise terminal and at hotels in Dubai, Sharjah and Ajman. Pick up is not included from the following hotels: Al Maha Resort, Bab al-Shams Hotel, Lapita Resort and Jebel Ali. If you're staying in one of these hotels, you'll have to pay a supplementary charge for the pick up service.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 16 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 50.30
3 hours 30 minutes.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).