On this day trip to Abu Dhabi, you'll see two of the major monuments in the UAE, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and the Louvre Museum. Unmissable!
Great Mosque and the Abu Dhabi Louvre Tour Itinerary
We'll pick you up from your hotel and make our way in an air-conditioned bus to the capital of the UAE, Abu Dhabi. Over a 90 minute journey we'll head to the Louvre museum, the first stop on our excursion. This marvel of architecture, with its playful attitude to light and space, is the first museum to carry the Louvre name outside of France.
The museum houses over 600 pieces imported from various continents, among which are works from the French Louvre, the Centre Pompidou, the Orsay Museum, and the Palace of Versailles. Here you'll have free time to get lost in its hallways, see the characteristic artwork from each period from history, and see the "Rain of Light" spectacle.
After this art tour, we'll continue to our next destination, the Sheikh Zayed Great Mosque, one of the largest and most impressive in the world. It can hold up to 40,000 people and its total area, along with the gardens and paths which surround it, is 12 metres in total. You'll have the opportunity to access the inside of the mosque and admire the mixture of Islamic and modern artwork inside.
The tour returns to Dunai at around 4 pm.
Hotel Pick Up
This tour includes pick up at the Port Rashid cruise terminal and at selected hotels. Pick up is not included from the following areas: Naif, Al Sabkha, Sport Motor cities, Dubai Investments Park, Discovery Garden, Jebel Ali, Dubai Production City, Albarsha South, Al Maha Resort & Bab Al Shams.
- The Grand Mosque is closed on Fridays between 5 pm and 7 pm, and entry to the public is suspended during Muslim festivals.
- To enter the mosque, men should wear long trousers and long sleeves. Women should wear loose, non-transparent clothing, with arms, legs and head covered. If you prefer we can lend you an abaya (loose robe) when you enter.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11||Children under 5|
Children between 5 and 11US$ 39
Children under 5Free
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking driver/guide.
Entry to the Abu Dhabi Louvre.
Entry to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
Abaya to enter the mosque.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Dubai local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.