Discover the history and hidden secrets of one of the prettiest towns in Belgium with this free guided walking tour of Ghent accompanied by an expert English-speaking guide.
Embark on this free tour of Ghent and be mesmerized by the outstanding beauty of the canals, monuments and squares. Every house hides its own story and there are myths and legends behind every façade.
You’ll hear not only about the turbulent history of the city, but also learn about its urban legends, and how the young student population is bringing life to the city. During the tour you’ll discover the essential sights of Ghent, such as Saint Nicholas' Church, the Graslei and Korenlei piers and Gravensteen Castle. You will also find out where the locals like to go for a drink and have a good meal.
Ghent has a preserved medieval centre, and several of the Gothic buildings are listed as a World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. An unmissable visit when traveling to Belgium!
- It is not possible to do this tour through Ghent if you are a group of more than 6 people.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. A maximum of 3 children per adult is permitted.
- We will not be entering any monument during the tour, but we will visit their exteriors.
How to get to Ghent from Brussels
There is a frequent train service to Ghent from the Belgian capital (principally Gare du Midi and Brussels Central station). The journey to the Gent-Sint-Pieters takes only 1 hour.
If you prefer, you can also choose to reserve the trip to Ghent from Brussels.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Saint - Micheelsplain 21