Make the most of your stay in Granada to discover this unique path located 105 meters above the Gaitanes Gorge, with this Caminito del Rey Day Trip.
Caminito del Rey Day Trip
From the Plaza de Mariana Pineda in Granada, we'll travel to the province of Malaga to visit one of the most breathtaking mountain routes in Andalusia, the Caminito del Rey.
When King Alfonso XIII inaugurated the Guadalhorce-Guadalteba reservoirs in 1921, he never thought that opening such an important infrastructure meant he would have to cross a footbridge situated at 105 metres above the Desfiladero de Los Gaitanes. Since then, the Caminito del Rey (which reopened to the public in 2015) is one of the most spectacular paths in southern Europe. Just like the monarch, we'll also be shocked as we walk along this amazing path built on the rock.
Following explanations from an expert guide, we'll contemplate the incredible views of the surrounding landscapes that can be seen from this location. We'll also learn some curious facts about this environmental setting which holds such special importance for the local fauna and flora.
Once the route along the Caminito del Rey is finished, you'll have 30 minutes of free time to eat or drink something. Then we'll return to Granada with the views of the Guadalorce and all its surroundings etched in our minds forever.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 8% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 8 and 12 years old||Menores de 8 años|
Children between 8 and 12 years oldUS$ 54.30
under 8not admitted
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Transport in a climatised vehicle.
English speaking guide.
Entry to Caminito del Rey.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 1 hour before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Will the activity still take place in bad weather?
A - During bad weather, entrance to the Caminito del Rey may be suspended.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Plaza de Mariana Pineda.