Discover two of Granada's most famous buildings with this tour. You'll visit the Cathedral, the second-largest in Spain, and the Royal Chapel where the Catholic monarchs of Spain lie.
Granada Cathedral & Royal Chapel Tour
Our journey through time to the most important period in Granada's history will begin near the Cathedral. Both the Cathedral and the Royal Chapel are symbols of a change in society with the country in transition from Caliphate to a Christian monarchy: the two architectural styles reflect the character of Spain at the time.
The first stop will be Granada Cathedral, which was constructed to replace the original Mosque after the Granada Acquisition. The place of worship took 181 years to build using Baroque elements, and according to the original plans it was supposed to take longer! As we wander around one of the greatest architectural works of the 16th Century and a symbol of the New Christians, you'll learn more about the history of Cathedral.
Once we leave the Cathedral we'll head to the Royal Chapel, where we'll find the graves of Queen Isabella I and King Ferdinand of Aragon, next to Joanna of Castile and Phillip the Handsome. The importance of these figures and the impressive Carrara marble used to make the mausoleums will leave you in awe. You'll also find evidence of one of Queen Isabella I's main interests; her personal collection of flamenco paintings.
Finally, we'll enjoy a walk around the old town where we'll admire the Madrasah, founded by the Nasrid King Yusuf I, as a Muslim school in 1349 and the first university in Granada.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 11 and 14 years old||Children under 10 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 11 and 14 years oldUS$ 17.50
Children under 10 years oldFree
3 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Guide with expert knowledge of the city and culture.
Entry to Granada Cathedral.
Entry to the Granada Royal Chapel.
Entry to Madrasah of Granada.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (9:30 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Fuente de los Gigantes, Plaza de Bib-Rambla