This hike, known as the Gollizno Route Trail will allow you to discover an incredible natural landscape packed full of history.
We'll meet at the agreed time at the Mimimi cafeteria, in the city of Granada. From there we'll hop on the minibus and take a 20-minute drive to the village of Olivares, where we'll start the route.
We'll begin by taking a paved track leading towards the River Velillos. Here we'll have the chance to walk along a riverside path through beautiful natural scenery. We'll also cross a suspension bridge which will provide us with incredible views of the surroundings.
After passing over the suspension bridge and the walkways over the River Velillos, we'll reach the Corcuela Fountain. Close by we'll have the chance to discover some cave paintings left by our ancestors thousands of years ago.
We'll continue our route heading towards Moclín, which is home to one of the most impressive defensive structures of the Nasrid era; the imposing Moclín Castle.
From here we will start our descent to return to Olivares. Along the way we'll pass Tajos de la Hoz, a natural gorge carved out by the constant flow of the river.
When returning to the village we'll get on the minibus once again which will take us back to the city of Granada.
- You must be at least 10 years old to take part in this activity.
- The Gollizno hike is easy and only requires a moderate level of fitness.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per PersonUS$ 44.30
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
English, Spanish and Portuguese speaking guide.
Return transport from Granada.
Third party and accident insurance.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:30 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).