Enjoy a morning kayaking through the Cabo Tiñoso Marine Reserve. Go deep into Cala Cerrada, discover its underwater secrets by snorkeling and relax with a swim in the idyllic waters.
What to expect from the experience?
We will meet up at 9:30 am at the fishing dock of La Azohía. Before getting into the kayaks, we will tell you some basic rules on how to safely use the boats.
After the theory, the time has come to row! We'll paddle alongside the coast and leave civilization behind.
From the sea, we will see the Torre Santa Elena, an important fortification overlooking North Africa. Built on the order of the Catholic Kings, this magnificent building served for many years as a defense system against possible invasions.
We will reach Cala Cerrada, a protected area within the Cabo Tiñoso Marine Reserve, which is home to numerous species of wonderful flora and fauna native to this part of the world. The amazing Neptune grass is one of the striking aquatic plants that will leave you speechless.
You can use the snorkeling equipment to contemplate the seabed or simply take a dip in the waters of Cala Cerrada.
Afterward, we will return to the original starting point in La Azohía where the tour ends at 1 pm.
If the weather is bad
The itinerary may be modified depending on the state of the sea and the group of participants. As you will be accompanied by professionals at all times, they will offer you alternatives in case of adverse weather conditions.
Who can take part in the activity?
- The maximum age for taking part is 55 years old.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult in the same kayak.
- You must be able to swim to take part in this activity.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 14 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person||under 8|
Per personUS$ 41.50
under 8not admitted
3 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
English speaking guide.
Kayak rental and all the necessary accessories.
Food and drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
The fishing port of La Azohía