Dive into a new world: explore the depths of the ocean around Lanzarote with this Discover Scuba Diving Experience and swim alongside incredible marine life.
Discover Scuba Diving: what to expect?
Discover Scuba Diving is a special course designed for those who have never had the magical experience of floating and breathing underwater! If you've dreamt of diving to the depths of the ocean and want a taste of life at the bottom of the sea, this is the activity for you!
Doing a "diving baptism", as this beginner's course is often known, is the ideal way to experience this unique sport and to enjoy the beauty of the underwater world in a new way.
Scuba Dive Options
When making your reservation, you'll have the choice between two different options, so you can tailor your first Scuba diving experience to your needs and preferences. Each dive lasts approximately 40 minutes.
If you're a little apprehensive as to whether Scuba diving is for you, doing one dive is a good way to get a taste for the activity.
After a brief introduction to the theory of Scuba diving, learning how to use the equipment and the basic techniques you'll need to use, you'll be taken to El Jablillo Beach. There, you'll enter the water and begin to breathe using your equipment.
Begin your 40 minute dive in an artificial bay, where you'll enjoy the wealth of sealife found beneath the tranquil waters. You'll have the opportunity to see golden-striped dreamfish, vibrantly colourful ornate wrasse, spider crabs and even squid! You won't dive deeper than 4 metres (13 feet) on this taster dive.
At the end of your dive, you'll return to El Jablillo Beach, before being dropped back off at your hotel around 5 pm.
If one dive isn't enough for you, and you'd like your first experience of Scuba Diving to be a little more immersive, this is the option for you. You'll be taken to Playa Chica, an ideal beach to carry out this activity, where visibility is excellent all year round.
Begin your day with a short lesson in the theory of using the Scuba equipment and how to communicate with the guide underwater. You'll put all of this into practice during your two dives. On the first, you'll dive to a maximum of 6 metres (20 feet), allowing you to get accustomed to the depths. Your second dive will go to a maximum of 12 metres (40 feet).
Make sure to keep your eyes open throughout your two dives, as you won't want to miss the enormous shoals of sardines, tuna, dreamfish and many other species of fish. What's more, if you're lucky, you may catch a glimpse of an angelshark or manta rays!
Your experience will end at Playa Chica, and you'll be taken back to your hotel around 2 pm.
After doing this activity, you must wait at least 24 hours before travelling by aeroplane.
Pick up times
The hotel pick up times vary depending on the location of your hotel and the option chosen:
- Costa Teguise: at 8:30 am for the two-dive option, and 2:45 pm for the one-dive option.
- Arrecife and Playa Blanca: at 8:45 am for the two-dive option, and 3 pm for the one-dive option.
- Puerto del Carmen and Puerto Calero: at 9 am for the two-dive option, and 3:15 pm for the one-dive option.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 10 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person (over 10 years old)|
|1 dive at 3 pm||
|2 dives at 8:45 am||
1 dive at 3 pm
Per person (over 10 years old)US$ 80.90
2 dives at 8:45 am
Per person (over 10 years old)US$ 116.10
2 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Discover Scuba diving beginner's experience (theory and practical class).
English speaking instructor.
All necessary Scuba equipment.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Lanzarote).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Aquatis Diving Center.