Explore the archaeological ruins of the Ancient Greek city of Salamis and fall in love with the coastal city of Famagusta on this day trip from Larnaca.
Salamis & Famagusta Day Trip
We'll start the day by picking you up from your hotel in Larnaca between 8 and 8:25 am, ready to explore some of the most interesting places in Cyprus. After an hour and a half long journey, we'll arrive at the Orthodox Monastery of Saint Barnabas. Here, you'll visit the crypt where the much-venerated tomb of Saint Barnabas is located; it is one of the most important Orthodox sites in Cyprus!
Our next stop will be at the ruins of the Ancient Greek and Roman city of Salamis. You'll see the historic open-air theatre, the public baths, the gymnasium and other important buildings which will make you feel a sense of what life was like all those years ago.
We'll continue our trip, now heading to the historic centre of Famagusta. You'll have an hour of free time to enjoy lunch in (not included) and explore the beautiful coastal city at your own pace. One of its most notable monuments is the Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque, which surprisingly looks like a gothic cathedral.
Our final stop will be in the curious town of Varosha, more commonly known as the "ghost town of Famagusta". This town was once a tourist destination, but it has been abandoned since 1974. Our expert guide will tell you what led the residents of Varosha to leave their homes behind as you wander along its eerily quiet streets.
After visiting Varosha, we'll return to Larnaca, where we'll drop you back at your hotel.
- Both the Salamis archaeological site and the city of Famagusta are located in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. This is not a member of the European Union, therefore you must bring your valid passport on the day of the trip.
- This day trip does not include entrance fees to the Saint Barnabas Monastery or the Salamis archaeological site. The total price of both tickets, which must be paid on the day of the tour, is 5 Euros per person (2.5 euros per place per person).
- This trip is also available from Protaras and Aiya Napa.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Per personUS$ 28.90
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of the history of Cyprus.
Entrance to St Barnabus Monastery Museum (2.50 EUR).
Entrance to Salamis Archaeological Site (2.50 EUR).
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.