Sail the waters of the South Pacific on this boat trip to discover the Palomino Islands as well as swim with a colony of sea lions!
Palomino Islands Cruise
We'll meet at Santiago Figueredo (Cdra 1, 07021 La Punta, Callao) to board the speed boat that will take us on our cruise around the islands of Callao.
The boat will sail across the South Pacific so we can admire impressive rock formations and watch fishing activities up close. We'll pass El Camotal, an island that was submerged under water after an earthquake which can only be seen during low tide.
We'll also head to San Lorenzo and find out why it is popularly known as a "mystery island". As well as housing a navy base, this island is home to cemeteries of Chilean soldiers and over 20 pre-Incan archaeological sites.
Next, we'll make our way to the island of El Frontón, whose main attraction is the ruins of the prison, famous for holding prisoners of the Shining Path communist party in the 1980s. We'll also admire the Cavinzas, a group of rocky islands and islets with natural caves and caverns that are home to a colony of Humboldt penguins.
Then we'll skirt the Palomino Islands to marvel at the impressive ecosystem of guano birds and the extraordinary colony of sea lions that inhabits the area. We'll even take a dip near the coast so you can swim with these playful animals.
At the end of the trip we'll sail back to the meeting point in Callao.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Under 12sUS$ 45
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
Speed boat ride.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Monitor when swimming with sea lions.
Drinks and snacks on the boat.
Conservation tax: US$ 11 per person.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Malecón Santiago Figueredo Cdra 1, 07021 La Punta, Callao