Lima is a fascinating city full of secrets just waiting for you to discover, and what better way to explore the Peruvian capital than on a private tour with an English-speaking guide in the comfort of an air-conditioned vehicle?
Lima Private Tour Itinerary
On the morning of your tour, you'll be picked up from your hotel in Lima ready for your private tour around the Peruvian capital. Climb into your comfortable air-conditioned vehicle and set off to your first destination: the elegant Miraflores district. You'll have the opportunity to make a stop here to explore a local market where you'll discover the essential ingredients used in Peru's world-renowned cuisine. Don't miss trying the most exotic foods!
Leaving Miraflores behind, you'll head into the historic heart of the city, a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site. Delve into Peru's recent past thanks to the fascinating explanations of your guide as you admire the beautiful Park of the Exposition; the impressive Neoclassical Palace of Justice and the emblematic Plaza San Martín.
Not far from here, you'll find yourself in the Plaza de Armas, a square considered the birthplace of Lima and an iconic symbol of the city. The large plaza is home to important buildings including the Government Palace, the Archbishop's Palace, the Palace of the Union and the Lima Cathedral, a stunning fusion of Gothic and Baroque architectural styles.
The next stop on your private guided tour of Lima will be the San Francisco Basilica and Convent, a yellow Baroque style church where you'll get to visit the mysterious catacombs, which were rediscovered in 1943 and which are thought to have a number of secret passageways!
Finally, you'll be taken to Lima's most bohemian neighbourhood: Barranco. Explore picturesque streets lined with the colourful façades of Art Deco buildings and visit the famous Bridge of Sighs amongst other landmarks. You'll also see where a number of Peru's leading artists live and work in the district.
At the end of your tour, you'll be dropped back off at your hotel in Lima or at an alternative place in the city centre, if you prefer.
Private Tour by Car
If you prefer to explore Lima in total comfort, you can choose the private tour of Lima by car. The itinerary will be the same as previously described, but with an air-conditioned vehicle which will take you from monument to monument on your tour.
And if you choose this option, the price of entry to the San Francisco monastery will be included.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 4 people||Up to 9 people||Up to 11 people|
|Private walking tour||
|Private tour by car||
Private walking tour
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 97.50
Up to 9 peopleUS$ 149.50
Up to 11 peopleUS$ 182.71
Private tour by car
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 245
Up to 9 peopleUS$ 335
Up to 11 peopleUS$ 409.42
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Private and exclusive tour, there will be no one else in the group.
Transport by private air conditioned vehicle.
Entrance to the Catacombs.
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.