The hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus is a practical way to see the main sights in the British Capital. You can get on and off the bus at any of its stops, to explore the city at your own pace.
Route and Stops
The London tourist bus makes four different routes, with 50 stops in total. You'll pass through London on board an open top double-decker bus, taking in the unmissable sights in one of the most visited cities in the world.
- Red Line: The most complete route, with a duration of 2.5 hours, passing through some of the major sights in London. It includes a live guide in English as well as recorded commentary in 12 other languages.
- Blue Line: This route passes through the west of London, making stops near Harrods, the best museums in the city and Kensington Palace. This route lasts 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Orange Line: This route connects Madame Tussauds on Baker Street and the main attractions on Southbank, including the London Eye. This route lasts 1.5 hours.
- Green Line: This route links north and central London. Ideal for anyone staying outside the city centre.
Some of the most interesting stops are: Westminster, London Eye, St. Paul's Cathedral, London Bridge and the Tower of London.
You can consult the routes and all their stops clicking on the following link:
You can choose one of the following types of ticket depending on which suits your needs best.
- 1 Day Ticket: Includes unlimited access to the Big Bus buses over 24 consecutive hours and a boat cruise (one way) between the Westminster and Tower of London docks.
- 2 Day Ticket: Includes unlimited access to the Big Bus buses over 48 hours and a return boat cruise between the Westminster and Tower of London docks.
- 3 Day Ticket: Includes unlimited access to the Big Bus buses over 72 hours and a return boat cruise between the Westminster and Tower of London docks.
All tickets also include a guided walking tour in English, helping you to get to know everything about the British royal family and the mysteries and legends of London. The hour-long tour leaves every day from Trafalgar Square (stop 6) at 10:30 am.
The 2 and 3-day tickets that are validated before 30th Septembre 2019 include a free night tour. You cannot hop-on and hop-off this bus, rather it is a 1 hour 45 minute route which leaves from the following stops:
- From the London Eye (stop no. 12) at 7:30, 8 and 8:30 pm.
- From the Victoria - Nova Complex (stop no. 21) at 7:45, 8:15 and 8:45 pm.
- From Marble Arch (stop no. 4) at 8, 8:30 and 9 pm.
How does it work?
The ticket is valid for 1, 2, or 3 days following its first use. That is to day, a 2 day ticket first used on Monday at 3 pm will be valid until Wednesday at 3 pm.
During this period you may get on and off the buses as many times as you like, to discover impressive sights such as Westminster Abbey, the well known Big Ben, Buckingham Palace or the bustling Picadilly Circus, a meeting point for tourists and locals alike.
Timetable and Frequency
- November to February: Every day from 8:20 am to 4:30 pm.
- March to October: Every day from 08:20 am to 5 pm.
- April to June and September: Every day from 8:20 am to 6 pm.
- July and August: Every day from 8:20 am to 7 pm.
The buses come every 15 to 30 minutes.
|Adults||Children 5 and 15||Children under 5|
|1 Day Ticket||
US$ 46.20 US$ 41.60
US$ 23.70 US$ 21.30
|2 Day Ticket||
US$ 55 US$ 49.50
US$ 27.50 US$ 24.70
|3 Day Ticket||
US$ 62.50 US$ 56.20
US$ 31.20 US$ 28.10
1 Day Ticket
AdultsUS$ 46.2 US$ 41.6
Children 5 and 15US$ 23.7 US$ 21.3
Children under 5Free
2 Day Ticket
AdultsUS$ 55 US$ 49.5
Children 5 and 15US$ 27.5 US$ 24.7
Children under 5Free
3 Day Ticket
AdultsUS$ 62.5 US$ 56.2
Children 5 and 15US$ 31.2 US$ 28.1
Children under 5Free
24, 48 or 72 hours
The tour includes audio commentary in English.
Unlimited use of the Big Bus London busses during the selected time.
Headphones for each person.
One way Thames cruise (1 day ticket).
Return Thames cruise (2 and 3 day tickets).
Walking tour (with English speaking guide).
10% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is it possible to take luggage on the bus?
A - Yes, you can bring cabin bags and backpacks on the bus.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (most of the buses are accessible).