Have you always wanted to learn how to surf? Now's your chance! Learn the basics about how to ride the waves in the beautiful waters of Los Cabos.
Los Cabos Surfing Lessons
We offer two types of surfing lessons, a winter course and a summer course. Both are equally fun, but the duration and location change depending on the season.
Summer Course (3 hours)
If you want to learn how to surf in Los Cabos during the summer, we'll pick you up from your hotel and head to the Costa Azul beach which is perfect to both learn and improve your surfing skills.
When we arrive, our expert instructor will provide you with all the equipment necessary and then they'll teach you the basic techniques about how to stand on the surfboard and keep your balance. Then it's time to head to the water! You'll hit the waves and with guidance from our instructor, you'll be able to improve your surfing technique at one of the most beautiful beaches in Los Cabos.
The summer surf course is 3 hours long and is held from 16th March to 15th November.
Winter Course (7 hours)
This is the perfect option if you're in Los Cabos in the winter and want to learn how to surf. We'll pick you up from your hotel at 9 am and we'll head to the Santa Lucía de los Cerritos beach, known simply as Cerritos. This is one of the most famous places to surf in Baja California, and it's located about an hour from Cabo San Lucas.
Once there, we'll get our wetsuits on and give you all the equipment necessary ready for you to start your surfing lesson. Our expert instructor will give you basic tips and advice and then you'll put the theory into practice and try it for yourself. You'll be able to ride the waves of the Pacific Ocean as you feel the sea breeze brush through your hair.
After so much surfing, we'll take you to a local restaurant for you to replenish your energy with a tasty lunch, and then we'll make our way back to your hotel for 4 pm.
The winter surf course is 7 hours long and takes places between 16th November and 15th March.
- We'll provide you with all the equipment that you need to take part in this activity (surfboard, wetsuit etc.) but please bring swimwear, a towel, sun protection and a change of clothes.
- Children must be at least 6 years old to take part in these surfing classes.
- This activity includes hotel pick up from the hotels in Los Cabos that are between Cabo San Lucas and San José de Cabo.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|With surf lessons||Without surf lessons|
With surf lessonsUS$ 140
Without surf lessonsUS$ 70
3 hours - 7 hours.
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Lunch (winter course only).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (Los Cabos local time).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).