Discover the "top of Europe" on this day trip to Jungfraujoch: explore glacier-marked valleys and peaks and marvel at unparalleled panoramic views of the Swiss Alps.
Jungfraujoch Day Trip Itinerary
Departing from Lucerne at 9 am, you'll travel through the verdant landscapes of rural Switzerland in the direction of the Bernese Oberland, a region characterised by its picturesque villages, dramatic mountains and more than 800 lakes. You'll stop for a break in Interlaken, the tourism capital of the Bernese Alps so-named for the two lakes between which it is nestled, before continuing on to Grindelwald.
Once in Grindelwald, you'll begin your ascent on the Eiger Express gondola lift to Glacier Eiger station. From there, we'll take the cogwheel train through lush valleys and between towering peaks until we reach Jungfraujoch, the highest train station in Europe.
A designated UNESCO World Heritage Site, Jungfraujoch offers breathtaking views over the Mönch and Jungfrau mountains and the Eiger glacier. It is also home to a number of attractions that give you an immersive experience of the Swiss Alps.
You'll have access to the Alpine Sensation adventure tour, allowing you to visit the Sphinx Observation Terrace and Plateau viewpoint, where you'll enjoy bird's eye views over the surrounding snow-capped peaks as well as Europe's longest glacier: Aletsch. You can also explore the tunnels at the Ice Palace - unmissable!
We will spend between 2 and 2.5 hours at Jungfraujoch, after which we will descend via the famous cogwheel train, passing by Kleine Scheidegg, the Wengen tourist destination and the picturesque Lauterbrunnen Valley.
Finally, we'll arrive back at Lauterbrunnen, where the bus will be waiting to take us back to Lucerne - with the excursion finishing at approximately 7 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 15 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 15 years oldUS$ 134.90
Children under 6 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, spanish and other language.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Transport by bus between Lucerne and Grindelwald, and between Lauterbrunnen and Lucerne.
Tickets for the cogwheel train and the Eiger Express gondola lift.
Access to the Alpine Sensation Adventure Tour, the Sphinx Observatory, Plateau viewpoint and Ice Palace (weather permitting).
Food and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up until 11 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.