Discover the incredible natural monuments of As Catedrais Beach on this unforgettable tour from Lugo. You'll also get to explore the beautiful historic centre of Ribadeo!
As Catedrais Beach & Ribadeo Tour
Having been picked up from your hotel or the meeting point on the day of your tour, you'll leave Lugo behind, heading in the direction of As Catedrais Beach. This area of the northern Spanish coastline, whose name translates as "Beach of the Cathedrals", is characterised by its awe-inspiring rock formations. The arches and caves, which can only be seen at low tide, have earned the beach the status of Natural Monument.
You'll be left completely speechless by these enormous cliffs, whose sheer size has been compared to cathedrals, giving the beach its nickname. It is also known as the Praia de Augas Santas, or Beach of the Holy Waters, and you'll certainly be enchanted by the sacred feel of the natural landscapes.
After making the most of the breathtaking views, you'll set off to the next stop on your tour: the historic town of Ribadeo. Embark on a walking tour of the old town, taking in the curious architecture of houses built by the so-called Indianos, emigrants who returned from the Americas after making their fortune there. One of the most striking of these lavish mansions is the Los Moreno Tower, whose Modernist-style recalls the work of Gaudi - and rightly so, as the building's designer was a student of the famous architect.
At the end of an unforgettable day of sightseeing, you'll make the return journey Lugo.
This excursion includes pick up from hotels in Lugo. If your accommodation is located outside the city centre or you'd prefer to meet elsewhere, please make your way to Praza de Bretaña for 10 am, where you can get straight on the bus.
- The departure time for this tour varies depending on the tides. The local tour provider will contact you 48 hours before the start of the activity to confirm the running times.
- To register access to the beach, you need to provide us with your passport or ID number and date of birth.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 37.90
Children under 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to As Catedrais Beach.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Praza de Bretaña.