Ride along the Rhône and Saône rivers while discovering the history of Lyon and its transformation over time with this Lyon Bike Tour. A fantastic time to share with family or friends!
Lyon Bike Tour
At the agreed time, we'll meet at 23 Quai Romain Rolland, in the old town, in order to start the bike tour of Lyon. You'll find yourself in the Vieux Lyon, an area which charms countless tourists every year. It's undoubtedly the most authentic and charming area of the city. You'll ride through the old town to discover the historical heart of Lyon.
Not far from the banks of the Saône and the Quai Saint-Vincent is the Fort Saint-Jean. You'll go to this stone citadel which overlooks the Saône River at an altitude of 40 metres.
The visit will continue to the Croix-Rousse tunnel. This is a fun attraction which allows you to go from the banks of the Rhône to the banks of the Saône. You can experience the digital, visual and sound works of art scattered all along the tunnel.
You'll also go to the Parc de la Tête d'Or, one of the most beautiful and largest urban parks in France. It was inaugurated in 1857, inspired by English gardens, and covers an area of 105 hectares.
The tour will also take us to one of the favourite places for locals, the banks of the Rhône. These banks offer a natural, mineral and urban atmosphere for people to meet and relax. 5 km of pure happiness where the watchword is conviviality!
The next stop will be at Place Bellecour, the 3rd largest square in France. This symbolic square in the city is a place for social exchanges and reunions as well as political gatherings. It's the setting for the city's landmark events.
Finally, you'll return to Old Lyon, after two hours of touring, to end the guided tour of Lyon.
- No physical condition is required. On the other hand, cycling is necessary.
- Electric bikes are available for those over 135 cm.
- However, the activity is open to children in child seats for an extra charge of € 5 (US$ 5.90).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Local English speaking guide.
Bottle of water.
Safety helmet (obligatory under 12 years old).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.