Fall in love with the western coast of Crete on this excursion to Chania, Rethymno and Lake Kournas. A fascinating journey to the past!
Chania, Lake Kournas & Rethymno Excursion
At 7:30 am on the morning of the tour, we will pick you up from your hotel in Malia. From there, we will set off for western Crete to discover the most interesting corners of the Greek island.
First, we'll stop in Chania, considered the 'mother of the Cretan cities' by ancient writers. Making our way through the Old City, we'll see the beautiful harbor, the city's old Venetian fortifications, and Turkish mosques. In the modern part of Chania, you'll have a chance to discover the area's rich gastronomy and pick up some souvenirs at from shops in the local market.
After an hour and a half in Chania, we will continue on to Lake Kournas, one of Crete's most precious gems. We'll have two hours of free time to explore this beautiful freshwater lake, supplied with subterranean water flowing from the Lefka Ori mountain range. Here, you'll be able to take a refreshing swim in the lake and grab a bite to eat in a local restaurant.
Around 4:15 pm, we will regroup and hit the road towards our last destination, Rethymno. Once we arrive, we'll walk around and explore some of the most special corners of this Cretan city, including a 16th-century Venetian fortress, the Rimondi Fountain and the Venetian Loggia.
This tour of western Crete will come to a close around 7:30 pm, when we return to your hotel in Malia.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 63% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 10% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 7-12 years old||Children under 7|
Children 7-12 years oldUS$ 25.50
Children under 7Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pickup and return.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.