Explore the beautiful center of Marseille with our fantastic guided tour. We will walk from the Old Port to the Palais Longchamp, discovering the city's fascinating history and architecture along the way.
Marseille Walking Tour
We will meet up in front of Marseille Town Hall at 11 am to begin our guided tour of the hidden corners of the famous port city, during which you will discover its grand history and emblematic buildings.
We will stroll through the city center to the Marseille Opera House, which was the 2nd venue of this kind to be built in France after Bordeaux. This art deco style venue was the stage for important shows during its heyday after the French Revolution.
We continue the tour, walking along Canebière avenue, one of the principal thoroughfares of Marseille. This boulevard is over half a mile long and links the Continental Reformed church with the Old Port of the city.
In this area, we will learn all the fascinating details of the local way of life, such as their experiences during the Algerian War and the legacy of the mafia. We will visit the Capuchin Market, the bohemian neighborhood of Cours Julien, and the Hôtel de préfecture building
Finally, we will reach the elegant Palais Longchamp residence. This stately building currently houses the Museum of Fine Arts and the Museum of Natural History. The magnificent architecture and the wonderful landscape gardens will astonish you.
Our tour finally finishes at 2 pm in the grounds of Palais Longchamp.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Students||Children under 14 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 14 years oldFree
Guide in English
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (11:00 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Marseille Town Hall (Old Port)