Discover the thrilling history of Messina, a Sicilian city that has suffered earthquakes, invasions, and attacks, but has retained its stunning architecture. You'll visit Roman remains and much much more!
Guided Tour of Messina
The tour meets close to the Messina port, where we'll begin our guided tour of this Sicilian province. Throughout the day we'll take you on a journey through the tumultuous past of this volcanic island, which has suffered from earthquakes and invasions - leaving a lasting mark on the city.
In the port, we'll spot the monument that welcomes seafaring visitors to the city - a golden statue of the Virgin Mary blessing the city, and reveal the story behind the sculpture.
Then we'll make our way to the historic centre of Messina, arriving at the Piazza del Duomo to admire the historic, 12th-century architecture of the cathedral. One of the highlights of the building is the ornamental clock tower - one of Messina's must-see sights.
Close to the cathedral is the Church of the Santissima Annunziata dei Catalani, with influences from Arab, Roman and Byzantine architecture, and built upon the ruins of an older temple to the sea God Neptune.
And as Messina is known around the world for its cannoli, we couldn't let you go without indulging your sweet tooth! finish the tour with a tasting of these local pastries, at a traditional Messina bakery. Delicious!
This excursion is available for cruise passengers. When making your reservation you should indicate the name of the boat, and we will be waiting for you half an hour after the arrival time of the cruise. If the cruise arrives after 10 am, the tour will begin at 12:30 or 2:30 pm, depending on the boat's schedule.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 20% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 20% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 12||Children under 6|
Children from 6 to 12US$ 18
Children under 6Free
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 10 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Via I Settembre.