Enjoy a day filled with nature and history, on this excursion to Etna, where you'll visit the tallest active volcano in Europe, and Taormina, famous for its Roman remains.
Etna and Taormina Tour
We'll leave Messina behind on an air-conditioned bus, on the way to Etna, one hour and a half away, and famous as the location of the largest active volcano in Europe at 3,000 metres tall.
We'll head to the Sapienza refuge, and go over the most recent eruptions of the Etna Volcano. Once there, we'll explore the main craters in the area, created by an eruption in 1892, one of the volcano's most powerful. And if you like, you can climb 2500 metres using the cable car that leaves from the refuge (not included in the tour, price €30).
Then we'll hit the road, on the way to Taormina, which can be found seventy kilometres from Etna. In this historic city, filled with Roman ruins, we'll walk down Umberto street, as a guide takes us through the history of Taormina, its main churches and monuments. And we'll recommend the best restaurants and ice cream shops, so you can delight your palate with the best of Sicilian gastronomy.
Then we'll head back on the same bus to Messina - finally arriving back at the original meet point.
This excursion is available for cruise passengers. When making your reservation, you will be asked to indicate the name of your boat. We'll be waiting for you in the disembarkation area half an hour after the cruise ship's scheduled docking time.
Between the 17th of November and the 31st of March, the tour will only take place if there is a minimum of 8 participants. If this is not the case, we will offer you different alternatives.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 65% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Childern from 6 to 12||Children under 6|
Childern from 6 to 12US$ 56.40
Children under 6Free
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Transport by air conditioned minibus.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:30 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).
Via I Settembre.