Napoleon, Hemingway, Lady Diana... What does Lake Maggiore have that has captivated so many? Discover it on this day trip which includes a cruise of the Borromean islands.
At 1:30 pm we meet at the Largo Cairoli roundabout, making our way to the captivating Villa di Stresa, on the banks of Lake Maggiore.
In this picturesque part of the world you will have free time to pass through its boulevards and gardens with views of Lake Maggiore, the second largest lake in Italy. The charm of this town seduced the American novelist Ernest Hemingway, so that he set his novel "Farewell to Arms" here. Afterwards, we will make our way to the Stresa port to take a two hour cruise on this stunning lake
Our route will take us past the Borromean islands, and from the lake we will admire the views of the Isola Madre, the largest in the lake.
At Isola dei Pescatori or Isola Superiore (Fisherman Island, or Superiror Island), an island which offers a great selection of the best regional food, generally fish caught in the lake. Here you are free to stop for food if you are hungry, and walk around exploring the island.
The next stop will be in the Isola Bella, where Charles III built a majestic summer palace in the 17th century.Here you have free time to pass through the islands at your own pace, you can walk along the banks of the lake, or take a look at the romantic baroque gardens of the Borromean palace (entry not included).
Having visited the Borromean islands we make our way back to the Stresa pier, from where we will take a bus back to Milan, returning at about 9 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11||Children under 4|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children between 4 and 11US$ 46.40
Children under 4Free
7 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
2 hour cruise around the Borromean islands on Lake Maggiore.
Visit to Isola dei Pescatori.
Visit to the Isola Bella.
Entry to the Borromean palace
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 4 days before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Largo Cairoli roundabout, on the corner with Via Cusani.