Discover the swamps of southern New Orleans when you take this fantastic boat trip around the beautiful Barataria Preserve. You will encounter the amazing landscapes of the bayou and a variety of wonderful wildlife that inhabit these swamplands.
Barataria Preserve Boat Trip
At the time of your choosing, we'll meet up at the pier on Barataria Boulevard, to the south of New Orleans. Then its time to begin our adventure in the wonderful wetlands of Louisiana.
We will board a boat and set sail on a gentle trip through the idyllic Barataria Reserve, a vast swamp that forms part of the magnificent Jean Lafitte National Park.
Accompanied by the guide, we will discover the abundant flora and fauna of the area. More than 200 species of birds, snakes, turtles, and frogs are just some of the colourful inhabitants of these marshes. If you are lucky, we will also encounter the kings of the swamp: the alligators.
During the trip, we will also see a traditional fishing village and discover the American Indian past at some ancient settlements that date back more than 2000 years. This tour is the perfect blend of history and nature!
After exploring these magical swamps for an hour and forty minutes, our tour finally comes to an end.
Hotel pick up
If you prefer, you can also book a pick-up service from your hotel in New Orleans. We will collect you one and a half hours before the start of the boat ride and, once the activity is over, we will take you back to your accommodation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 12 years old||Children under 4|
|Boat trip + hotel pick up||
Children from 4 to 12 years oldUS$ 15
Children under 4not permitted
Boat trip + hotel pick up
Children from 4 to 12 years oldUS$ 25
Children under 4not permitted
1 hour 40 minutes - 4 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off (depending on chosen option).
Transport by minibus (according to option chosen).
Boat trip of 1 hour 40 minutes.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, it varies according to every attraction included.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
9706 Barataria Boulevard.