Discover Harlem’s most iconic sights and learn about its history on an English-speaking guided bus tour and finish the excursion by attending a morning gospel service. It’s an unforgettable experience!
Harlem Morning Gospel Tour
Get on board an air-conditioned coach in the morning and enjoy the views of New York City while you head to Harlem, one of the island’s most authentic districts. The tour begins by visiting some of the neighborhood’s most interesting monuments and attractions, including the following:
- Columbia University: An Ivy League university, established in 1754. Albert Einstein gave classes in this university.
- Apollo Theatre: It launched the careers of James Brown and the Jacksons, among many other stars.
- Cotton Club: Some of the most widely known blues and jazz performers including Ellington, Ethel Waters and Cab Calloway performed in this well-known club.
- Magic Theatre: Magic Johnson, the American professional basketball player set up a first-rate multiplex in Harlem to encourage local economic growth, high-quality facilities and technology.
- Gracie Mansion: The Mayor of the City of New York’s official residence.
- Harlem’s traditional brownstone houses.
- General Grant Memorial: The mausoleum is the resting place of President Ulysses S. Grant and his wife, Julia.
After visiting the vibrant neighborhood, head to a local congregation for a Sunday worship service, where you’ll enjoy a soulful gospel choir singing beautiful and inspiring music.
The time you remain in the church depends on the day and number of visitors.
At the end of the service, you will head back to Manhattan and be dropped off in the Times Square area.
Please ensure that you wear appropriate clothing out of respect for the congregation (no shorts, tank tops or flip-flops). Also, no photos or videos are allowed inside the church.
|Adults||Children 3-11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children 3-11 years oldUS$ 69
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Guided bus tour of Harlem with an English speaking guide
See Harlem's world famous landmarks
Attend a Wednesday or Sunday morning gospel service
Meals and beverages
Hotel pick up and drop off
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Wheelchair accessible. This must be indicated in the reservation.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
No printing of documentation required.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Will the tour attend the whole gospel mass?
A - No. Only the musical part.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us .
690 8th Avenue