Pass through the ruins of Monte Albán, an alebrije factory, the ex-convent of Cuilápam de Guerrero and a pottery workshop on the same tour. Full of Mexican tradition and culture!
Excursion to Monte Albán and Cuilápam de Guerrero
We'll pick you up at 10 am from your hotel in Oaxaca and set off to the archaeological site of Monte Alban. One of the most important discoveries of the Zapotec civilisation.
We'll visit its residential structures, pyramids, temples and altars. Do you want to know what rites were practised there? Pay attention to the guide's explanations! Nearby, we'll visit the pre-Hispanic jewellery workshop to see the replicas of the aboriginal jewellery, which will fascinate you!
Our next stop will be the village of Arrazola to see its traditional Alebrijes, colourful wooden figures that are an important part of Mexican culture.
The route will continue to San Bartolo Coyotepec to visit a black clay workshop. These natural pieces are an icon of the town. There, you'll have an hour of free time for lunch.
Next, we'll arrive at Cuilápam de Guerrero where we'll find the former convent of Cuilápam, the main monument of the municipality. You'll visit this 16th century Spanish style building and learn about its uses and relevance.
Finally, at 6 pm, we'll take you back to your hotel in Oaxaca.
Pick up will be from hotels in the historic centre of Oaxaca and in the Colonia Trinidad Huertas.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 40% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12 years old||Children under 2 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 19.80
Children under 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport by minibus.
Entrance fee to Monte Alban: 86 MXN (US$ 4.30) per person.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.