Leave behind your stress on the paradise beaches of Isla Catalina, a little slice of paradise in the Caribbean where you can enjoy snorkeling in its crystalline waters.
Having picked you up at your hotel in Punta Cana between 7 and 8:30 am, we'll make our way to the La Romana port where we'll take a boat, speedboat or catamaran all the way to Catalina Island.
We'll make a stop at a nearby coral reef, where we can try our hand at snorkeling and discover the stunning Caribbean marine life, full of tropical fish, seaweed and colorful coral formations. Following this stop, we'll continue on our way to Catalina Island, a protected island located in Cotubanamá National Park.
Once we've dropped anchor, you'll have the rest of the day to enjoy the beaches of the island at your own pace. If you're a fan of the undersea world, you can grab the snorkel again, or if you're more of a beach bum you can just relax on the fine sand, soaking up the rays of the sun. If you prefer to explore a bit, you can also visit the island's Aquarium.
Then towards midday, we'll fuel up with a traditional lunch by the sea of rice, meats, salad, pasta and a soft drink. We'll also have a tasting of Dominican rum!
In the afternoon, we'll return to the port of La Romana by boat. From there, we'll return by bus to your hotel, arriving around 4:15 pm.
9 hours - 10 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English, Spanish, French and Italian.
Hotel pickup and drop–off
Transport by minibus and catamaran
Buffet lunch and non–alcoholic drinks
Ticket to Cotubanamá National Park
Dominican rum tasting
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Accessible only for folding chairs. An accompanying person is required. This must be indicated in the reservation.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- Printed material is avoided.
- Is there a water dispenser.
- No single-use plastics are used.
- The activity helps the conservation of biodiversity.
- The activity helps vulnerable groups.
- The activity promotes local production.
- No printing of documentation required.
- Promotes local employment.
- Has a gender equality policy.
- Has a carbon footprint offset policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can anyone participate in this tour?
A - No, this tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back problems.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions