Live through an unforgettable day in the paradise beaches of the north Dominican Republic with this excursion to the Samaná bay, where we'll visit its most exclusive corners.
Picking you up at 7 am, we'll leave in a bus to Miches. Here we'll take a catamaran yacht to the Samaná peninsula, with a free bar making the 40 minute journey more refreshing.
Once in Samaná we'll visit a typical local ranch, and surrounded by the traditional farm buildings we'll try a tasting of typical Dominican products, including coffee, hot chocolate, fruit and honey. Then we'll dive into the Samaná jungle, discovering wild landscapes and the rich flora of the area during a 30 minute horse ride. Then we arrive at the principal wonder of the Samaná province: the El Limón waterfall. This incredible waterfall, more than 50 metres high, falls into a turquoise natural pool, where you can take a dip and refresh yourselves.
Refreshed, the tour makes its way by bus to Santa Bárbara de Samaná, the picturesque capital of the peninsula. Here we'll enjoy a buffet lunch, trying the rich Dominican cuisine in the "El Timón" restaurant where drinks (wine beer and cocktails) are included.
Having eaten we'll take a tour of the city before heading back to the port to take a catamaran to Cayo Levantado or Bacardí island. You'll be able to admire its paradise beaches while we keep the heat at bay with a free bar on board the boat.
In the evening we'll board the yacht again, taking us from Cayo Levantado to Michel. From here we'll head back to the hotels by bus, arriving by 7 pm.
Hotel Pick Up
This tour includes pick up in the following areas: Bávaro, Punta Cana, Uvero Alto, Cap Cana and Bayahibe.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 25% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11||Children under 4|
US$ 165 US$ 148.50
AdultsUS$ 165 US$ 148.50
Children between 4 and 11US$ 82.50
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Catamaran cruise with free bar.
Tasting of typical Dominican products: coffee, hot chocolate, fruit and honey.
30 minute horse ride with boots, guide and helmet included.
Buffet lunch in the El Timón restaurant, with open bar.
Refreshments during the excursion.
Access to the El Limón natural park.
Drinks on Cayo Levantado.
10% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 7 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is it possible to not take the tour on horseback and take it in car or by some other means of transport?
A - The horseback route takes place up a trail along the side of a mountain. It's not possible by car or motorbike, but you can climb by foot.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.