Explore the beautiful mountainous landscapes of the Quebrada de Humahuaca and the Serranía de Hornocal on this excursion from Purmamarca.
Humahuaca & Serranía de Hornocal Tour
After picking you up from your hotel between 10:15 am and 10:30 am, we'll set off on our day trip to the Quebrada de Humahuaca. Before leaving Purmamarca, we'll get to admire the spectacular Hill of Seven Colours which watches over the town. You'll be enchanted by the rainbow-coloured rock formation!
We'll then head towards Tilcara, a town located in the narrow valley of the Quebrada de Humahuaca. Along the way, we'll see the Paleta del Pintor, or "Painter's Palette", another of the fascinating multi-coloured mountains for which this area is known. We'll visit the Pucará de Tilcara archaeological site, where we'll discover a 12th century fortification.
Continuing on our tour of the Quebrada de Humahuaca, we'll reach the town for which the valley is name. Cobbled streets, adobe houses and colonial architecture make Humahuaca delightfully picturesque! You'll have half an hour of free time here to get your own lunch at a local restaurant.
We'll then swap the minibus for a 4x4 vehicle to delve into the Serranía de Hornocal. We'll climb up through this mountain range in the all-terrain vehicle to enjoy the rugged landscapes. Did you know this geological formation is more than 500 million years old?
Having explored the Serranía de Hornocal, we'll make our way back to hotels in Purmamarca, where you'll be dropped off at approximately 4 pm.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 3 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 61
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
Ride in 4x4.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (7:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).