Tradition, history and nature are waiting for you with this Baeza & Puerto Misahuallí Tour. Two very different locations that will allow you to discover Ecuador's Amazon rainforest and the colonial architecture of its villages.
Baeza & Puerto Misahualli Tour
We'll pick you up at your hotel in Quito between 4:15 and 5 am and go to Baeza. During the 2 hour route, we'll cross the Cayambe Coca National Park and see the Papallacta Lagoon - a journey full of incredible landscapes!
Once we arrive at our destination, you'll be able to have breakfast and then we'll go on a guided tour of this colonial city. Did you know that it was the first town founded by the Spanish in the Amazonian territory?
Afterwards, we'll head to Puerto Misahualli, 2 hours away. Upon arrival, we'll board a canoe along the Napo River and visit the Shiripuno community. There, we'll learn numerous curiosities about the Kichwas, get to know their traditions, see the sacred stone, taste a typical product and... we'll even attend a dance demonstration!
You'll then have free time so that you can have lunch and we'll return to Puerto Misahualli to relax on the Los Monos beach. If you want to take a dip, now is the time to do so!
The icing on the cake will be a short walk through the jungle to see the Ceibo Milenario, an ancient tree that stands over 60 metres tall.
At 4 pm we'll start our way back, arriving at your hotel in Quito at approximately 8 pm.
Hotel pick up
The tour includes pick-up from hotels in the Quito Metropolitan District. However, if you're staying in the following areas, you'll have to pay a supplement of US$ 10 per person on the day of the tour: southern area, from Chillogallo to Guamaní, and northern area, from San Antonio to Cotocollao.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 65
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by car, minibus or bus, depending on the size of the group.
Guide in English.
Entry to the Shyripuno Community.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.