Santa Claus' Village is one of Rovaniemi's greatest attractions and there's no better way to reach it than crossing the Arctic Circle in a snowmobile! You'll also get to enjoy a reindeer sleigh ride. What are you waiting for?
Santa Claus and Reindeer Experience by Snowmobile
After being picked up from your hotel in Rovaniemi, you'll begin your excursion to a winter wonderland, where the dreams of children and adults alike will become reality...
Santa Claus Village is one of the main reasons that thousands of tourists travel to Lapland each year. The picturesque wooden houses on the outskirts of Rovaniemi, and more specifically their extraordinary residents, make this area of Finland totally magical. Of course, you can't reach such a special place any old way - no, you'll drive over to the village on a snowmobile!
As you speed over the snow, pass the mystical forests of Lapland and enjoy the spectacular snowy scenery of this region where winter lasts seven months of the year. You'll make a stop to experience an unforgettable sleigh ride pulled by Father Christmas' reindeers. Visit a farm where these Nordic animals live, and learn all about their natural habitat. What's more, you'll also get to meet the adorable husky dogs on the farm and enjoy a husky-pulled sled ride too!
Take a well-deserved break from the morning's adventures to have lunch (not included), before heading to Santa Claus Village itself. Here, you'll enter Santa's Post Office, where you can deliver your own letter to Father Christmas himself while watching his elves hard at work. You'll also have the opportunity to cross the Arctic Circle, which cuts through the village. Don't forget to close your eyes and make a wish!
Finally, you'll hop back on your snowmobile and return to Rovaniemi, where you'll be dropped off at your hotel.
- It is necessary to bring your valid driving license on the day of the activity if you wish to drive a snow mobile.
- Children under 14 years old will be accompanied by our guides on the reindeer sleigh ride.
Hotel pick up
Hotel pick up is included from accommodation located within a 6 mile (10 km) radius of Rovaniemi city centre. If your hotel is located elsewhere, you'll be contacted to arrange an alternative meeting point.
The prices shown are per person. However, each snowmobile must have two people (one driver and one companion). You cannot pay an individual supplement to be able to ride the snowmobile alone. If the number of people in the group is odd, someone in the group will have to share a snowmobile with another member of the activity.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 14 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 4 and 14 years oldUS$ 122.10
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Pick up and drop off at hotel.
English speaking guide.
Visit to Santa Claus Village.
Visit a reindeer and husky farm.
Reindeer and husky pulled sleigh ride.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How long is each activity?
A - The snowmobile tour lasts around 30 minutes. The reindeer is about a kilometre, and the duration depends on the speed.
Q - How long will we spend with Father Christmas?
A - In the high season time is limited, probably around 2 minutes.
Q - Where will we change into our thermal clothing and leave our belongings?
A - In the offices of the local tour provider.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).