Discover the amazing landscapes of the Salinas Grandes when you take this fantastic trip from Salta. Also included in the itinerary is a brilliant trek along the Paseo de Los Colorados route.
Salinas Grande Trip and Los Colorados Trek
We will leave from the center of Salta between 6:30 am and 7:10 am. Then we continue north, passing through the idyllic towns of Yala, Volcán, and Tumbaya, towards the famous Cerro de los Siete Colores (Hill of the Seven Colors). To contemplate this beautiful rainbow mountain, we will stop at a viewpoint located in Purmamarca.
We then hit the road again, crossing the Cuesta del Lipán, the Cuesta del Saladillo, and the Abra de Porterillos. Along the way, we will see wonderful animals of the region, such as vicuñas or llamas. Remember to bring your camera! The route continues climbing until reaching more than 13,000 ft above sea level, where the famous Salinas Grandes salt flats await us.
You then have 45 minutes of your own free time to explore the salt deposits at your leisure. The intense white color contrasts with the brilliant blue sky. From there, we then return to the historic city center of Purmamarca, where you can taste the famous local gastronomy (not included).
After lunch, we will begin our fantastic trek along the Paseo de Los Colorados route. For 40 minutes, we will admire the majestic desert landscapes that surround Purmamarca, where you will surely be amazed by the striking reddish colors of the mountains!
The trip ends when we return to Salta, arriving in the city center at around 7.30 pm.
The tour includes pick up from hotels in the center of Salta. If you are staying in other more remote places, we will pick you up at the following meeting point in Salta: 45, Buenos Aires street.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person||under 3|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 35.70
under 3not admitted
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off (optional).
Transport by minibus or bus, depending on the size of the group.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 15 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (you must attend with a carer).