Discover the best sights around the beautiful old town of Salzburg when you take our brilliant sightseeing bus tour. You can hop on and off as many times as you want for an entire day.
Routes and stops
This Salzburg tourist bus follows two different routes around the Austrian city:
Route around Salzburg
Some of the most important monuments included on this route are the Mirabell Palace, the Fountain of the Horses, Salzburg Cathedral, Mozart Square, Church of the Holy Trinity. During the journey, you will listen to an English language audioguide with fascinating facts about the city's main landmarks and the places which played an important role in the life of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
The bus route also takes us past some of the locations which featured in the famous film The Sound of Music.
You can consult the route map and all the stops via the following link:
Route around the Salzkammergut lakes
This bus route crosses the Austrian region of Salzkammergut which is characterized by huge lakes nestled between spectacular maintain ranges. During the journey of just over two hours, you will also see beautiful glacial lakes, such as Fuschl. You will also see Gilgen - Mozart's home town - the church of St. Micheal, Schloss Hüttenstein castle, and Lake Wolfgang.
You can consult the bus route and stops via the following link:
How it works
Your ticket will be activated when you access the Salzburg tourist bus service for the first time. You can then hop on and off as many times as you want for a period of 24 hours.
The bus begins its journey at Mirabell Square, although you can access it any of the designated stops.
Times and frequency
- The tourist bus through the center of Salzburg lasts for approximately one hour. The service operates every day between 9:15 am and 4:45 pm. Between 16th March and the 14th of January, the bus departs every 30 minutes and between 15th of January and 15th of March every 45 minutes.
- The tourist bus around the Salzkammergut lakes operates from the 3rd of April to the 26th of March every day between 8:10 am and 5:10 pm and departs every one hour and a half. The total journey around the lakes and mountains of this region lasts around 2 hours and 20 minutes.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 14 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|Salzkammergut lakes route||
Children from 4 to 14 years oldUS$ 12.20
Children under 4 years oldFree
Salzkammergut lakes route
Children from 4 to 14 years oldUS$ 21.80
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with an audioguide in english and other languages.
Unlimited use of the Salzburg tourist bus for a period of 24 hours (on selected route).
English and multilanguage audio guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.