Discover the beautiful villages along the Cadiz coastline with this Tarifa, Zahara & Baelo Claudia Tour from San Fernando. You'll also visit the impressive archaeological site.
Tarifa, Zahara & Baelo Claudia Tour
At 10 am, we'll pick you up at the bus stop located on the Monumento de la Comunicación roundabout in San Fernando and follow the route along the Costa de la Luz.
During Roman times, this area in the south of the Iberian Peninsula was highly appreciated for its salted fish. We'll discover this by visiting the Baelo Claudia archaeological site. In this ancient enclave, located by Bolonia beach, we'll learn how garum was made, the Romans' favourite sauce.
The route will continue to the Strait of Gibraltar for a tour of Tarifa. In this southernmost city in Western Europe, we'll see the exterior of several monuments such as the Puerta de Jerez, the church of San Francisco de Asís and the Castle of Guzmán el Bueno. Once the tour is over, you'll have an hour free for lunch. Would you like to try some of the delicious dishes made with tuna?
This precious fish is caught using the traditional technique of the trap in Zahara de los Atunes, the next stop on the tour. For an hour, you can take a dip in the magnificent beach, which has more than five miles of fine sand!
The tour will end at the starting point in San Fernando, arriving at 9 pm.
Departure from other locations
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 39.50
Children under 3 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Baelo Claudia archaeological site.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Monumento de la Comunicación roundabout