Costa Rica is famous for its coffee culture, so no trip to San José would be complete without a tour of the city's best cafés. Immerse yourself in the world of coffee!
San José: Costa Rican Coffee Tour
After being picked up from your hotel in San José, you'll begin your guided tour of the Costa Rican capital's most famous coffee shops.
Costa Rica is world-renowned for their gourmet coffee production, and this tour will give you an immersive experience of the product, from the cultivation of beans to how best to prepare a steaming cup of espresso.
Explore the streets of San José, taking in the beautiful architecture along the way and stopping in three of the city's best cafés. Throughout your tour you'll learn all about the specialised varieties of coffee in Costa Rica, as well as discovering the different techniques to prepare the beverage.
Enjoy a delicious cup of coffee in each café and let your expert barista guide you in tasting the differences in the different brews.
At the end of your coffee tour of San José, you'll be dropped back off at your hotel feeling like true experts in Costa Rica's most famous export!
Children under 12 years old may not participate in this tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person (over 12 years old)|
Per person (over 12 years old)US$ 72.50
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Tasting of three different coffees.
When to book?
You can book up until 4 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Do you have any questions?
Find answers to our most If you have any other questions please contact us.