Marvel at the magnificent Irazu Volcano, the incredible array of plant species in the Lankester Gardens and the natural beauty of the Orosi Valley.
Irazu Volcano, Orosi Valley and Lankester Garden Tour
After picking you up from your hotel in San José, we'll head to the province of Cartago, the old capital of Costa Rica and the place where the Irazu Volcano is located. On the journey we'll admire fertile lands and an abundance of plants and wildlife.
At 3,432 metres high, the Irazu Volcano is considered to be the most active volcano in Costa Rica. We'll explore one of its craters and marvel at a fascinating green lake of varying depth. What's more, views of the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean from the volcano will take your breath away.
After visiting the Basilica of Our Lady of the Angels in the city of Cartago, we'll head to the Lankester Gardens, where we'll admire over 800 species of orchids and plants. Between the months of February and April, we'll get to see many different species blossoming.
Our tour will end in the Orosi Valley, where the landscape is rich and diverse. We'll also visit the church of Orosi, the oldest Catholic church in Costa Rica. It was built in the colonial era and is still standing today.
Before returning to San José, we'll recharge our batteries with a traditional Costa Rican meal. The menu consists of rice, beans, salad, meat (chicken, fish or pork), mince, plantain and juice. If you want a vegetarian or gluten-free menu, you must specify this when you book.
At the end of the tour, we'll take you back to your hotels in San José.
The tour includes pick up and drop off to and from the main hotels in San José. If the hotel is located further out, you'll be told where to meet.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 8||Children under 2|
Children between 2 and 8US$ 81
Children under 2US$ 20
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.