Discover the surreal landscapes of the Atacama salt flats when you take our amazing tour to the Cejar and Tebinquiche lagoons and the Ojos del Salar. Float on these magical waters where it is impossible to sink!
Cejar, Tebinquinche, and Ojos de Salar Tour
After meeting up at 2:30 pm, we will set off from San Pedro de Atacama and head south to the Cejar lagoon.
Getting off the bus, you will be greeted by the sight of the magnificent altiplano lake. It is located in the middle of the Atacama salt flats, a huge expanse of arid land, rich in salt minerals and surrounded by huge Andean peaks. You can even take a dip to see how you magically float on these waters which have a greater concentration of salt than the dead sea.
Our tour continues with a visit to the Ojos del Salar. These twin sinkholes seem like an oasis in the heart of the Atacama desert. As you swim in the intense, deep blue pools of the Ojos del Salar, you will also admire the surrounding volcanic and Andean landscapes.
The last stage of our trip takes us to the Tebinquiche lagoon. This enormous body of shallow water stretches out over the Atacama salt flats, creating a scene of staggering beauty. Relax and enjoy a cocktail next to the waters as you take in the landscapes of Tebinquiche cast in the red tones of sunset.
After, we will start our return journey to San Pedro de Atacama, arriving around 7:30 pm.
Bathing in the Cejar Lagoon
Please bear in mind that bathing in Cejar Lagoon is not included in the price of the tour and its price is 15,000 Chilean pesos per person (23 USD/20 Euro approx.).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 2 to 12 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children from 2 to 12 years oldUS$ 18.90
Children under 2 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Access to Cejar lagoon, Tebinquiche, and Ojos del Salar.
Cocktail in Tebinquiche.
Bathing in Cejar lagoon (15,000 Chilean pesos, 23 USD, 20 Euros approx.).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (San Pedro de Atacama local time) if there are still places available.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
451 Calle Ignacio Carrera Pinto