Cross the border into Argentina on this trip to Aconcagua Park. You will discover the highest mountain in the Americas and the mystical Laguna del Inca lake. Are you ready for a real adventure?
Aconcagua Park Trip
Early in the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel and then head north from Santiago. After driving for around 50 minutes, we make our first stop at the monument to the Chacabuco victory, admiring the ground on which one of the crucial battles in the liberation of Chile took place, giving you free time to eat breakfast (not included).
We continue our trip at the Salto del Soldado, a giant ravine in the mountains at the bottom of which flows the torrential Aconcagua river. Legend has it that the patriot soldier managed to escape from persecution by jumping over this spectacular canyon.
Next, the tour crosses the border. Once in Argentina, we'll make a brief pause so you can enjoy some delicious Alfajores, a traditional treat of caramel sandwiched between two shortbread biscuits and covered in coconut.
Then we finally arrive at the star attraction of this excursion: Aconcagua Park. From here we will then set off on a two-hour trek around the foot of the highest mountain all the Americas! During the route, we will admire the impressive landscape that surrounds this mountain of more than 22,000 feet.
Later, you will have your own free time to eat and regain your strength. Then we return to Santiago, but not without stopping first at the Laguna del Inca lake, in the region of Portillo. Local folklore says that this lake was formed by the tears of an Inca prince in mourning for his bride who died in an accident. On dark winter nights, spooky laments are said to be heard emanating from the water.
Our tour finishes at the end of the afternoon when we drop you off back at your hotel.
You must bring your passport with you on the trip to Aconcagua Park, as we will cross the border between Chile and Argentina.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 16 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 20% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 20% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 11|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 11US$ 96.60
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
English speaking guide.
Food and drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).