Escape the hustle and bustle of Santiago de Chile and enjoy a snow day in the spectacular Andean scenery of Farellones and the Valle Nevado.
Valle Nevado & Farellones Snow Tour Itinerary
On the morning of your tour, between 6:30 am and 7:30 am, you'll be picked up from your hotel in the Chilean capital ready for a snow day in the Andean mountains, visiting the popular ski resort areas of Farellones and Valle Nevado - which means "Snowy Valley". In these magical mountain locations, you'll have the opportunity to practice exhilarating snow sports while enjoying the captivating charm of Chile's natural beauty.
The first stop on your day trip will be to hire snow gear (not included). Once you're kitted out in warm waterproof clothing, you'll head on the road to Farellones. This traditional village, nestled in a valley between the Andes mountains, was historically located on the Inca road system which snaked through pre-Columbian South America. In Farellones you'll be able to admire the majestic mountainous scenery while you learn all about the area's history and lifestyle.
You'll then make a brief stop at Colorado to enjoy the spectacular snowy views, before continuing on your route through the Andes, reaching Valle Nevado, one of South America's best ski resorts, home to powdery white snow-covered slopes thanks to the high altitude. The ski station offers a wide range of activities, and you'll have free time here to enjoy snow sports, a meal at one of the restaurants, or anything else you'd like to do (additional activities not included).
Following your visit to Valle Nevado, you'll set off back to Santiago de Chile, where you'll be dropped off at your hotel.
Hotel pick up
This tour includes a pick up and drop off service at hotels in the following areas of Santiago de Chile: Providencia, Las Condes, Vitacura and Santiago Centro. If your accommodation is located in a different district, your guide will contact you to arrange an alternative meeting point.
Visiting in summer?
If you'd like to visit Farellones and Valle Nevado, but you're visiting Santiago de Chile during the Southern Hemisphere's summer months, why not reserve our Valle Nevado & Farellones Day Trip instead?
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 12 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 4 years old|
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Reduced size group, there will be no more than 15 people per excursion.
Activities in Valle Nevado and Farellones.
Equipment and waterproof clothing.
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, only for folding wheelchairs.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.