Discover the landscapes and culture of Galicias's Atlantic coast with this tour of A Coruña and the Costa da Morte.
A Coruña and Betanzos Trip
At 9:30 am, we will depart from the Plaza de Galicia square in Santiago de Compostela. After a journey of approximately 60 minutes, we will arrive in the city of A Coruña. We will start by visiting the famous Tower of Hercules, the oldest lighthouse of Roman origin in the world. Those who wish can go up to its viewpoint (entrance fee 3 EUR) and enjoy the spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean.
After our visit to the Tower of Hercules, we will enjoy a walking tour of the historical center of A Coruña. We will discover the monuments and streets that surround the central Plaza de María Pita: the Church of San Jorge, the Church of Santiago, the Mirador, the Gardens of San Carlos, and the Riazor Beach.
After having about an hour and a half of free time for lunch, we will leave A Coruña and head in the direction of Betanzos. This picturesque medieval city was one of the seven provincial capitals of the old Kingdom of Galicia. You will find out exactly why the old town has been officially declared a Historic-Artistic Site.
Durante la visita guiada por Betanzos, visitaremos la iglesia de Santa María del Azogue, la iglesia de Santiago y el templo dedicado a San Francisco. Nos detendremos en cada monumento para apreciar su valor artístico y patrimonial. Además, degustaremos un delicioso pincho de tortilla premiado a nivel nacional.
During the guided tour of Betanzos, we will visit the church of Santa María del Azogue, the church of Santiago, and the temple dedicated to San Francisco. We will stop at each monument to appreciate its artistic and patrimonial value. We will also taste the delicious local omelette that has been awarded a national prize.
From Betanzos, we will finally return to Santiago de Compostela, where we will arrive at 6:30 pm.
If you prefer, you can also book a private excursion to A Coruña from Santiago.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children from 3 to 13 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 3 to 13 years oldUS$ 29.70
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
English speaking guide specializing in the history of A Coruña.
Entry to the Tower of Hercules (3 EUR).
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaza de Galicia square, in front of the Hotel Universal.