When night falls over Santiago de Compostela, the streets take on a magical transformation. Discover the mysteries of Santiago with this free tour which includes a traditional Gallegan dinner and tasty queimada drink.
Mysteries Walking Tour with Traditional Gallegan Dinner
At 8:30 pm, we will meet up at the Plaza del Obradoiro square and begin our one and a half hour walking tour through Santiago's dark history of witchcraft.
At the end of the afternoon, as Santiago de Compostela is cast in the wonderful warm red glow of sunset, we will stroll through the historic streets to discover all the legends and mysteries of the city.
All the supernatural excitement will be sure to whet your appetite. Therefore, we make a stop to refuel with a traditional Gallegan dinner in the old center of Santiago. We will try octopus, the regional delicacy, and other specialties such as 'raxo', meat tacos served with potatoes. You will also have a choice of a drink including beer, wine, water, and soft drinks.
After the dinner, we will invoke the Gallegan spirits with a traditional queimada, a ritual which involves performing an 'esconxuro' summoning, while an alcoholic drink is prepared from a base of 'aguardiente' liquor and other ingredients.
We finish the evening in a pub with live music, where you will enjoy a free drink.
- This tour is not recommended for children.
- Alcoholic drinks will not be served to people under the age of 18 years old.
- We will not be entering inside Santiago Cathedral, however, we will visit its exterior grounds.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per personUS$ 83.60
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Demonstration of queimada.
Traditional Gallegan dinner.
Free drink in a pub with live music.
Raincoat in the case of rain.
Drinks and additional food.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaza del Obradoiro square