The stunning landscapes of Cape Finisterre and the beauty of the Costa da Morte coastline will take your breath away. Prepare to discover one of the most idyllic parts of Galicia when you take this tour from Santiago.
Fisterra and Costa da Morte Full Day Trip
We will depart from the Plaza de Galicia square at the scheduled time. After traveling for around 30 minutes, we will arrive at the picturesque village of Ponte Maceira where you will hear all about the history of the place and its inhabitants.
Then we head to the coastal town of Muxia. Here you will visit the magnificent Virxe da Barca sanctuary which looks out over the ocean as we reveal all about local history, legends, and mysteries.
Our route then continues along the Costa da Morte to the lighthouse of Cape Finisterre. Standing on the craggy cliffs, you will hear various folk tales about boats that disappeared along this wild coastline which the Romans referred to as ´the end of the earth'. Later, you will have 2 hours of free time to have lunch in the picturesque town of Fisterra and try the delicious local food.
After eating, we then take a walk to the wonderful setting of the Ézaro waterfall, an amazing natural spectacle caused by the force of the Xallas river. This is the only river in Europe which ends with cascades into the ocean. To the south of this beautiful spot, in the municipality of Carnota, we will see the largest granary in the world.
The return trip to Santiago de Compostela will be made along the fabled Costa da Morte, during which you will hear more about the history surrounding these unique landscapes of Galicia.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 2 to 12 years old||Children under 12 years old|
Children from 2 to 12 years oldUS$ 20.60
Children under 12 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Transport by bus or minibus.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
In front of Hotel Universal in Plaza de Galicia square.