Discover the flavours of Galician cuisine as you walk around the historic centre of Santiago de Compostela. Not only will you explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site, but you'll also get to try delicious delicacies.
Food Tour of Santiago de Compostela
We'll meet in Praza do Obradoiro at 10:30 am, ready to start our two-hour long food tour around this beautiful Galician city. We hope you're hungry!
We'll admire some of the most emblematic monuments in the old town, which has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985. You'll see the Pazo de Raxoi palace, the impressive Hostal dos Reis Católicos, the historical university building, Praza das Praterías and more.
At lunchtime, we'll go to Moha Rúa Nova, a famous bar in the old town. Here you'll be able to enjoy a piece of Spanish omelette with a glass of Albariño wine or Galician beer. This is the perfect way to whet your appetite! Next, we'll head to a traditional restaurant in the city centre to savour a tasty Galician lunch. You'll get to try a set menu including a classical, regional soup, Galician style octopus and other specialities. Wine, water or soft drinks are also included.
After lunch, we'll take you on a guided tour of the Cathedral of Santiago. You'll be able to learn about the history of this famous religious building at the hands of an expert guide. After that tour, we'll sweeten up the day with a delicious afternoon snack at Airas Nunes. You'll be able to enjoy a coffee and a sweet treat; there's no better way to end the day!
- Alcoholic drinks will not be served to under 18s.
- The restaurants and bars we visit may change depending on the day, but the delicious selection of food will remain the same.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 12 years||Children under 5|
Children between 5 and 12 yearsUS$ 48.30
Children under 5Free
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
English speaking guide.
Piece of Spanish omelette and a drink.
Traditional Galician lunch.
Entrance to the Santiago de Compostela Cathedral.
Additional food and drinks.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Praza do Obradoiro