Discover Cantabria's most typical gastronomic products with this visit to an Obrador of sobaos pasiegos and quesadas. Plus you'll get to taste all the delicacies.
Obrador Pasiego Guided Tour
We'll meet at the entrance to the Obrador Joselín bakery, in the town of Selaya, in the Pasiegos Valleys. This Obrador is one of the region's most important with regard to the local Pasiego confectionary: quesadas and sobaos (a kind of cinnamon and lemon zest cheesecake and traditional Cantabrian butter sponge cake), and it is, therefore, the perfect place for you to discover all about how these exquisite products are made.
Alongside an expert guide in the region's gastronomy, we will visit the Museo de Sobao Pasiego y la Quesada museum to find out all about the history of the Paseigos Valleys and the process of creating this typical Cantabrian confectionary.
At the end of the visit, we will have the chance to try all of the specialities that are made at the Obrador, such as the sobaos, quesadas and pastries, and all of this is accompanied with a drink. Bon Appétit!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 12 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 12 years oldUS$ 4.90
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other languages.
English speaking guide.
Tasting of Pasiegos products.
When to book?
You can book up until 10 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Joselín Sobaos Pasiegos y Quesadas