An amphitheatre, thermal baths, theatre, aqueducts... that's Itálica, a miniature Rome just ten minutes from Sevilla. Hail Ceasar!
Itálica Day Trip Itinerary
Having picked you up at the selected meet point in Seville, we'll make the 10-minute journey to Santiponce, the area in the outskirts of Sevilla where the Roman ruins can be found.
We'll tour the Itálica archaeological site, the birthplace of Trajan, the first Roman emperor to be born outside of Italy. We'll begin by remembering the gladiatorial battles in the amphitheatre, the performing arts being another spectacle highly valued during the Roman period. We'll be able to confirm this by visiting the Itálica theatre, the best kept in the province of Sevilla. And to complete the visit to the archaeological site we'll admire the spectacular original mosaics.
Five minutes away from Itálica can be found the San Isidoro del Campo monastery. Inside we'll visit two ample cloisters designed in a Moorish style, one of which, the cloister of the Evangelists, contains several pictorial works from the 15th century.
At the end of our tour, we will head back to Seville, located just 12 minutes away, arriving back at 2 pm.
Pick Up Points
This activity includes a pick up service from the following meeting points in Seville:
- Calle Trajano, 6: 9:30 am.
- Hotel Don Paco (Plaza Padre Jerónimo de Córdoba, 4): 9:35 am.
- Calle Rastro, 12: 9:45 am.
- Students must show a document which accredits them as such.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Children between 4 and 17US$ 30.30
Students up to 25 years oldUS$ 30.30
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English.
Pick up and drop off at meeting point.
Entry to the archaeological sites.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the San Isidro Del Campo monastery.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.