Visit Koprivshtitsa and Plovdiv, two of the most famous areas in Bulgaria, and be enchanted by the mix of culture, architecture and tradition that breathes in every corner of both these cities.
Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa Day Tour
We meet at the Alexander Nevsky Square. Then we head to the south east of Bulgaria, arriving in the city of Plovdiv after travelling for about 2 hours. Here, you will discover the history and culture that has developed in this region over many centuries. The mix of Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman and Bulgarian culture is perfectly reflected in each of its buildings and monuments.
We will tour the ancient city, where we walk through the cobbled streets and see the colourful houses. We will also go to the ancient Roman Theatre, one of the city's architectural jewels, and to the Regional Ethnographic Museum (entrance not included).
We resume the trip and head to the city of Koprivshtitsa. Situated to the north of Plovdiv, this charming city contains an incredible history which you will hear about from our guide as you discover the gorgeous houses in eye catching colours.
Koprivshtitsa was also the scene of one of the most important battles in the liberation of Bulgaria. As you tour the city you will feel the sense of pride in its citizens.
Following a day brimming with culture and knowledge, we return to Sofia at approximately 8 pm.
Children under 5 years old
Children under 5 years old may not participate in this activity.
Koprivstitsa cannot be visited during the winter season, in case of heavy snowfalls.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 10% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 5 to 12 years old|
Children from 5 to 12 years oldUS$ 47.20
* The price increases on the 31 October
The activity takes place with an audioguide in English.
Return transport from Sofia.
English speaking guide.
Food and drinks.
Entry into the various museums and monuments.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Aleksander Nevsky Square