Enjoy the unique experience of watching the incredible natural phenomenon of the Northern Lights illuminate the sky over Tromsø on this guided tour.
Northern Lights Tour
We'll leave from the Scandic Ishavshotel in Tromsø at 5:45 pm on the day of your tour, leaving the bright lights of the city behind and heading into the countryside. Enjoy the comfortable journey on the warm bus as your expert guide searches for the perfect place to set up camp for an evening in search of the aurora borealis, or Northern Lights.
Get settled around a campfire under clear, dark skies, and enjoy hot beverages while you wait for the natural phenomenon, which is only visible from a few select places in the world, to begin. Your guide will also help you set up your camera for night photography so you can take snaps of the Northern Lights to remember forever. What's more, they'll take photos too and send them to you for free after the activity!
Then, all that's left to do is to wait for the natural light show: you are sure to be lost for words at the beauty of the different colours dancing in the sky. This is a real bucket list opportunity!
At the end of the tour, you'll return to Tromsø.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per personUS$ 107.10
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and Spanish.
Transport by heated bus or minibus.
English speaking guide.
Hot drinks and snacks.
Digital photos within 24 hours.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (1:00 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is thermal clothing included? Do we have to take anything in particular?
A - We provide a warm coat and winter boats. However, we recommend that you wear woollen underclothing, waterproof trousers, a polar fleece, gloves, a hat and woollen socks.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Scandic Ishavshotel Tromsø.