Discover the spectacular natural beauty of Mexico on this tour from Tuxtla Gutiérrez: cruise through the incredible Sumidero Canyon and end in San Cristóbal de Las Casas.
Sumidero Canyon Tour to San Cristóbal
On the day of your tour, you'll be picked up from your hotel or the airport in Tuxtla Gutiérrez and taken north ready for your adventure in the Sumidero Canyon National Park.
Surrounded by the lush greenery of the national park, you'll head to the banks of the Grijalva River where a boat will be waiting to take you deep into the natural landscapes of Chiapas. All aboard! Sail between the towering rocky walls of the canyon, which reach between 330 and 3300 feet (100 and 1000 metres) in height, admiring the breathtaking beauty of the region.
What's more, while you enjoy your peaceful river cruise, you'll have the opportunity to spot the wildlife that inhabits the canyon. Keep an eye out for herons, egrets and even crocodiles and spider monkeys! An unforgettable experience of Mexico's natural scenery.
After your boat tour, you'll leave the Sumidero Canyon behind and set off for San Cristóbal de las Casas, where you'll be dropped off at the hotel you've booked.
Pick up service
- When making your reservation, you'll have the choice between being picked up from Tuxtla Gutiérrez airport or from your hotel in the city centre.
- If you've selected hotel pick up, you'll be collected after 9 am.
- If you've selected airport pick up, your guide will be waiting for you in the arrivals hall. This option is only available if your flight arrives before 1 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 5 years old|
Children under 5 years oldUS$ 43
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Pick up from hotel or airport in Tuxtla Gutiérrez.
Drop off at hotel in San Cristóbal de las Casas.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Transport by air conditioned minibus.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).